Romantic Comedy 101 by John Hill
I chose to use this article because we thought that since the article is directed towards people who are going to write a Romantic Comedy, it would probably contain the conventions that are used in Romantic Comedies. This article talks about how the stories should contain funny characters and funny scenes, but at the same time keep a sense of romance available. Also, the script must also contain a problem that keeps the two main characters apart. These are elements that are apparent in most Romantic Comedies.
Why is it so hard to make a good Romantic Comedy? By Sara Vilkomerson and Anthony Brezican
I chose to use this article because it talks about the difficulties of writing an American comedy. It shows what most of them are missing, so it talks about the good aspects of American Romantic Comedies. It talks about how the movies should include good romantic chemistry between the main characters, and how movies should avoid clichés in the dramatic endings.
Fabulous Illusion: "The Curse of the Jade Scorpion" and the Conventions of Romantic Comedy by Celestino Deleyto
I chose this article because it uses old movies such as the film “Manhattan” as a source of where the concept of contemporary Romantic Comedies came from. It talks about the different transformations that romantic comedies has had over the years. My favorite transition is when the author talks about how the endings of these movies have changed. It went from a happy ending to a somewhat “magic” ending that people seem to desire. I liked this transition because I can see the “magic” endings in Romantic comedies today.
The Faint Aroma of Performing Seals: The "Nervous" Romance and the Comedy of the Sexes. By Frank Krutnik
I chose this article because it makes a connection to Romantic Comedies and how it affects the audience. It talks about the different kind of relationships that Romantic Comedy writers seek to write. It also talks about how Romantic Comedies were changed during the screwball comedy era. This article does not give a lot of information but I chose it because it talks about the specific topic of the relationships in the movies.
Boy Gets Girl. By Matt Hoey
I chose this article because it shows how male Romantic Comedy writers get their inspirations: from their own lives. I like this article because it talks about Romantic Comedies from the male perspective. It talks about how the male lead in some movies is someone who has the difficulties of an average man, for example an average looking, average job having man who gets great wom
No comments:
Post a Comment