Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blog Post # 5

Daisiah Akbar Blog Post #5

I was thinking that since my genealogy was on fashion, an audience that would be very interested would be fashion designers. I could show them that everything they've “created” has been created before. A good way to deliver this message would probably be through a collage. Another good way to deliver this message could also be through a timeline, showing the origins of all the popular things right now, such as skinny jeans, nose piercings, and crop tops. Under each picture, whether it be a collage or a timeline I could include a very small caption that will explain the significance of each picture. Another idea I thought of was to do a recycling model for each fashion aspect I discussed in my paper. For instance, I would do skinny jeans in the middle of the recycling figure and start with the 17th, 18th century, and end with the 2010s being right next to the 17th, 18th century. Also, I could make a fashion cycle, like the one I discussed in my paper for all three things (skinny jeans, nose piercings, and crop tops) and write the years when each of the clothing was at the part of the fashion cycle. Along with that year would be a picture of someone who wore it, for instance for skinny jeans in the 2010s I would put a picture of a teenager or even Beyonce when she wears skinny jeans. No matter which of these routes I decide to choose, the general audience of my remediation would be a group of fashion designers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment