Wednesday, October 1, 2014

blog post 5


 My genealogy essay was written on the topic of the Greek hero Heracles. What I did for this essay was start all the way at the first idea, and original story of Heracles. I described the original and traced the character through time showing examples of many differing works that had Heracles as the main character, from ancient times all the way to 2014. To show the differing roles Heracles has played I thought a good idea would to make a mock resume of Heracles and document all the different “positions” he has held. I would also include his attributes and personality traits. This concept would be geared toward students of a higher caliber, for example high school students over middle and elementary students. This concept is something different from the use of a power point that rarely ever captures a student’s attention. If I were to have the audience be elementary school children I would change the format of this project to a prezi. I want to use a prezi for younger kids because its very likely that they have never seen one ( I never saw a prezi until 11th grade) use of a prezi is something new over the standard slide show and is entertainging to watch. I would show the many links that Heracles has made over time and teach the children that Hercules is not only a movie that came out this year but an ancient story that has been retold countless times.  My last option would be a power point, I know I don’t want to use this option because its played out and no one wants to sit and watch power points, but for the sake of having three ideas this is what I would chose The audience for this power point could range from elementary school students all the way to adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment