Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blog Post 5 Grace Nelson

I did my genealogy essay on The Little Mermaid and how the Disney fairytale can be linked back to Greek Mythology.  I want my remediation project to incorporate some sort of time line, but don’t want my project to become a boring presentation of chronological events. I had an idea of using postcards to show the progression of The Little Mermaid over the course of history. For this project my audience would be some immortal pen pal considering that the postcard set would begin around ancient Greek times and span through to the present day. If the audience cannot be someone who would never exist in the real world, then maybe the postcards can be discovered by some historian or something? I don’t know how that would work. These postcards would be themed depending on their time period and give short blobs from the little mermaid herself to some pen pal including the major details of the genealogy.

My second idea would be to have an educational history of The Little Mermaid for young children. This could come in the form of a lesson plan for a first grade teacher who plans to teach her students about history using The Little Mermaid as the central unit of discussion. This  lesson plan would probably start at the beginning of mermaid history (Greek Mythology) and end after the Disney film. The lesson plan would be kid friendly and may include activities for students to do. I don’t know if that is stepping outside of the bounds of this project or not.


If all else fails I guess I could do a prezi. Just kidding, I think my third audience would be the lawyers of Disney. I could present the genealogy to them and argue that the Disney film is unoriginal. This would be a hard project because on the law jargon I would need to use considering my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment