Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blog Post 5 - Vitor M.

When writing my genealogy essay, I noticed that writing a six-page paper definitely wasn’t my preferred method of showcasing how superhero characters are alike. I constantly found myself trying to use vivid words and examples, but sometimes that just isn’t enough. I like the idea that I will be able to choose a different medium to explain myself in my genealogy. By using a visual showcase, I can assure myself that the audience will be able to capture exactly what I’m saying, without the need of having to stop and think, “Is that what Batman looked like in the ‘60’s?”
The first method I was thinking of using was the traditional Power Point, for an older audience like my parents. Power Points are the classic way of visually showcasing a project effectively, leaving the need of forcing your audience to incorrectly picture things. I know that my father is far-sighted and would hate to read a six-page essay typed in twelve-point font.
Secondly, I would make a small poster-board using plenty of pictures displaying superheroes’ similarities. Under each image or specific category, I would type a small explanation of what exactly is being compared. This method is geared towards students my age who have trained eyes to quickly look over a presentation and capture the overall idea.
The last, and least preferred method would be to make an online web page of some sort. By choosing Marvel or DC themes and wallpapers, it could easily be one of the most visual choices out of the three. This method would involve the most time because of the massive amounts of customization required for such a project. On the other hand, if I wanted an exceptional grade from any given professor, this is what I would resort to.

No comments:

Post a Comment