Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blog Post 5


For my remediated Genealogy paper, I plan to target one of three different demographics and use different mediums for each demographic.  The first demographic I could target is the juniors and seniors in high school who are beginning their process of becoming college students and this remediated Genealogy paper can serve as a tool for which they can gauge their comprehension of college rhetoric and material.  Since teenagers are very knowledgeable about technology, I would transform my Genealogy paper into a Prezi or potentially even an interactive website.  The second the demographic I could target would be the educators who are involved in this field of language and textual analysis.  My remediated paper could be presented in front of educators at a conference about text genealogy.  The appropriate medium for this would be a series of visuals that correspond with a prepared speech.  The visuals would enhance my speech and make what I am saying easier to comprehend.  The third demographic I could target is the common adult who would want to take a new perspective on the world around them.  These adults might not be aware or have ever done textual analysis before.  In order to accomplish this, I would have to break every little component of my Genealogy paper and show the connections between everything.  The most comprehendible way of doing this would be to construct a textual web of my Genealogy paper and have strings branching out from each component of my paper.  On the strings, I could describe how each part of my Genealogy paper was transformed and combined.  Any three of these remediated mediums would make my Genealogy paper comprehendible across each of the targeted demographic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment