Wednesday, October 8, 2014

caleb blog 6

I did my best to understand the main idea that Gunther kress and Wysocki try to explain what mode and multimodality is. Through the videos and article provided by Kress and Wysocki I have learn the concept of modes. Tension between Kress and Wysocki’s view of multimodality is about space and time they both treat space and time differently. Which is a means to relay certain type of messages through different ways. Through the different way we learn the term multimodality which is presenting your message to a distinct audience.

So In in a sense Modes are ways in which one can communicate their message, such as their target audience, tone of voice, and age group.  They define Multimodality as a collection of modes and how they are presenting their distinct message. So for an example if a journalist was presenting their interview of a specific star player. He cannot hand in his one on one interview to his editor with his handwritten work. The chicken scratch is unpresentable and unprofessional. All in all I tried my best to explain what the two guys were trying to get across. I know that they differed upon some things but came together to agree on certain definitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment