My genealogy topic makes choosing a
specific audience difficult, because I practically did two separate genealogies,
one on Virginia Woolf and one on Pablo Picasso. I was able to connect Picasso
as a major influence to Woolf, and then I decided to expand on Picasso’s
influences. So I could go in two different directions. Either separate Woolf’s and
Picasso’s genealogies and do distinct remediations of each, targeting different
audiences, or keep the topics together and find an audience that would be
interested in both topics. I think it
would be easier to separate the two, but it would be more time consuming to do
two different remediations. If I went with that route I could target people who
is a literature major or someone who’s a literature fanatic, but they probably
already know plenty of information about Virginia Woolf, so targeting high school
students would be more effective. Although I’m positive most high schoolers are
the least bit interested in Woolf, she is a classic author and most of her novels
are required as mandatory to read in English classes. Just getting out of high
school and having to read three of her books, I know I would have really benefited
learning about her influences and why she writes in very confusing prose. High
schoolers have a really short attention span and don’t generally like anything
that is not technological, so I would present this remediation in a presi. I
could add effects, pictures, and popups to keep their interest. For the
remediation on Pablo Picasso, I could also make my audience artists or
individuals who have a passion for art, but they would also most likely know a
good amount of information about Picasso’s influences, so would instead target elementary
school students. People my crowd is a bunch of young kids, I would make my remediation
in the form of a scrapbook and include plenty of pictures to help them
understand. Now, if I were to keep both genealogies combined, I would probably
target art museum goers. I would somehow make a large picture frame (sort of
like a poster, but more artsy) and only include physical aspects from Picasso’s
artwork that influenced characters in Woolf’s novels, and then include pictures
of Picasso’s influences I mentioned in my paper. It would be sort of like a collage,
but in a picture frame that fuses all of the artist’s physical influences
together.
No comments:
Post a Comment