Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Blog 2

         For my essay I was first considering following the buffalo Springfield song "for what its worth." My favorite band, Rise Against, did a cover of the song and I fell in love with it. After hearing the Rise Against sing it, I decided to look deeper into it, which is where I found the "Original" Buffalo Springfield version. The song was inspired by and written in 1967 when a city curfew was cutting the party/rock and roll show short. This created riots in the town and eventually led to the sunset strip riots. Where thousands gathers, and people were arrested for their protest. This is just one example of songs written or inspired by tragedy. Specifically those caused by cops or law enforcement. I think this is a good time to discus this considering recent events            
            My other choice was to follow the group that calls themselves "anonymous" and how they are essentially a remix of an old forum called 4chan. Where people originally gathered to "troll" one another but soon realized that they had power in their community and started to expand, now theyve evolved into the Anonymous we know today, that are a internet security threat, and can use their computer knowledge and great numbers to spread top secret information like no other. This channel ( 4chan) and the Anon. community have sprouted millions of followers and have influenced more groups like them, thus allowing remixes.
          I am not sure which path i will go down yet. But I plan on doing one of these

No comments:

Post a Comment