Richards is presenting the
argument that so much of language is revolved around intonation. The meaning
behind every single word that we use in every day conversations has to deal so
much with how we say it. Symbolism plays such a major part in just everyday
reading and talking. The point Richards is essentially trying to argue is that
there's so much more associated with language, whether it be reading or
conversing, than what we attribute to it. There are psychological and social
factors associated, and the way these are interpreted is based on the symbol
that we have formulated on that particular word. We build upon our symbols
through what we have learned. This argument can be used with our argument of
the remix we have been discussing in class because we build upon our
interpretations through what we have learned. We either keep what we have
learned about the word or we switch it up to why we believe. Either way it's
based off the foundation we were taught, and this is pretty much the argument
of remix. The one part I was confused about and had to re-read several times
was the Triangle. I was also a little skeptical as to how I could relate
Richard's argument with remix. Another part that confused me was when Richards
made the argument about “right and wrong” “better or worse” I think what
Richards was trying to say was the connotation we place behind those words, but
I am not 100% sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment