Parodies are all around us, reenactments of old things usually made comically. South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons, they all do a great job of this, however since they have all been running for so long that its hard to pick one episode that can really fit the needs of an entire paper. So I thought I would focus on another parody that is very well know, Spaceballs. Since The Star Wars movies are some of my favorite films I thought that it would be easy to make connections between the two films. Why did the spaceballs producers decide to call it "the Schwartz" instead of "the force"? What inspired them with their take on the infamous Darth Vader. A lot of questions can be answered on what made them create a parody on star wars and where their ideas came from.
Another idea I had was the show The Walking Dead. As most people know, the show is derived from the graphic comic books. However people that have read the comic books will notice that the show is not even close to how the story line goes down in the original comic books. It would be interesting to find out why they decided to kill certain people off and make certain things happen that didn't happen in the comics. Because it seems as thought the writers for the show have taken the basic idea from the comics, then gone in a different direction with the show.
the final idea I had would be The Harry Potter series. Id like to know where the writer, J.K. Rowling got her inspiration. Those books were some of the first that ever came out. Nobody had really seen a genre like that before nor did they expect it to take off the way it did. I think it would be interesting to see where she drew her inspiration from, creating the characters, deciding the stting, everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment