Monday, September 1, 2014

Blog Post #2

For my genealogy project I will choose the bible, a camera, and a the song beat it by fall out Boy. I will look at these things with different perspectives.
            For the Bible, I will look at it with social and literary perspectives. I would look around different societies to see things that have been shaped by the Bible.  For example the Bible inspired great works of art, which include the Last supper, the Sistine Chapel, and the Annunciation. Also when we take an oath we swear on a Bible.  The Book of Revelation also had an impact on the Millennia sensation when the year 2000 was approaching.
            There is also the literary aspect of the impacts of the Bible.  There are countless themes and allusions that can be traced back to the Bible.  In fact many writers look towards the Bible for inspiration. Also education came about as a form of teaching people to become priests. The Bible is entrenched in nearly every aspect of society.
            For a camera, I would start with the modern cameras such as the cameras in our cell phones and go back to the first camera.  Which starts in the ancient times with the camera obscura. I would mention the cameras with the blankets, the Polaroid camera, and SLR camera’s.

            Another idea is taking the song beat it from Fall Out Boy and trace it back to its origins. I would also discuss the remixes made to the current song and contrast then with the oldest version. I would look at different genre’s that have the same rhythm to it such as: Weird Al, Inactive Messiah, and other covers. I would trace it back to the original Michael Jackson version.

No comments:

Post a Comment