Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Blog Post 10

Since I missed class the day the rhetorical assemblage assignment was discussed, I did not get the chance to hear types of examples of what texts we can use for the rhetorical assemblage. However, from reading the assignment sheet I saw the argument of marijuana legalization. While I know this was already a given example and not exactly original, I do feel like this is a topic I would most definitely be interested in researching and writing about. It is an argument that I support myself, so I feel as though I could not only do exceptionally well on the assemblage, but also something I could learn a lot from.


I’m not one hundred percent sure if this next idea is relevant to the focus of this assignment, but another idea that came to mind was the money and distribution of money collected from tolls. This is something that sparked my attention a few years ago, but I never researched much into it. While I understand that toll dollars are spent to build our roads, my argument is that time and time again I have seen roads being rebuilt and redone, for no reason. What I mean is, just because a road is old, if there are not any excessive potholes, missing paint, or need for reconstruction, why is our money constantly being spent on “improving” these roads that were perfectly fine to begin with?  My audience for this topic would be local governments, or those specifically in charge of the regulation of toll roads and collections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment