My mother was almost killed when she was 18 years old. She
was hit by a drunk driver and ended up in a coma for a week. Her face was
completely torn apart from the glass that shattered in her car, she suffers
bipolar depression and memory loss now. During the past summer, two of my
friends smashed into a pole and died from drinking and driving and not wearing
their seatbelts. I see so many of my friends getting into their cars to drive
after having a few drinks without thinking twice about the consequences. There
is nothing that scares me more than to think something bad could happen to them
in the short amount distance they drive, so I was thinking about convincing
people not to drink and drive and include something about wearing seat beats. My
audience would be teenagers/ college students because they are at the highest
risk to be impulsive and drink and drive. I think the most effective way to
target my audience would be to create a short video, like a commercial. I would
make it either really sad, such as a friend dying, or I would make it intense,
such as showing the car smashing into something. These techniques would help
evoke some type of reaction from my audience.
I then started thinking that I might not have much to write
about to persuade, so I might do something about domestic violence and telling
women to stand up and speak out against abuse. I would target young women and
create a commercial comparing child abuse to women abuse. My topic could also
be about child abuse. I would target elementary school kids and make a little
video that I would show them.
No comments:
Post a Comment