For
the final assemblage project I have been brainstorming ideas. I thought about
many exigences that may strongly invite utterance. Controversial issues are
talked about everyday and can serve as a rhetoric because they can persuade a
specific audience, or mediators of change.
My
first exigence that I was considering is gun control. The restriction, or
limitation of guns has been a long debate. Citizens, lawmakers and gun
lobbyists have been disputing over the issue of gun control for more than a
century. An audience for this rhetoric can be American citizens. A few
constrains could be opposing attitudes toward gun control, for example
republicans. Also, American citizens that can not vote is a constrain that
influences the rhetoric because the it limits it to target only specific
Americans are allowed to vote on the topic of gun control. A good medium is a
formal speech that addresses the audience on the topic of gun control.
Another
exigence to consider is gay rights, specifically the right of same-sex marriage.
This is another controversial issue that has been going on for a long time as
well. The debate on whether to extend the right of marriage to homosexuals is a
rhetorical situation. The audience I would target is American citizens,
although very broad. Some constrains for this rhetoric would be religion, or
beliefs, American people who are not mediators of change, and people with
opposing attitudes toward the issue.
Lastly,
I considered the issue of abortion. The right of abortion serves as a rhetoric
as well. An audience for this would be American women between a certain ages,
probably ages 18 – 32. Some constrains are traditions, religion, attitude, and women
who are not mediators of change. A good medium for this is probably a speech to
the audience regarding this topic. Modes include speech, microphone, formal
clothing, et cetera.
No comments:
Post a Comment