Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Blog Post #10

                    For the last project of the semester, the Rhetorical Assemblage project, the professor has asked us to choose a specific exigence to create a project about. Therefore, I decided to really think about issues that I really care about and have actual interest in. I decided that the two main issues that I care about are dogs and health. Therefore, my first idea for the project is to talk about the issue of the funding of animal shelters in America. I care about this issue because animal shelters are so underfunded that the shelters have to resort to the euthanasia of animals that are not getting adopted quickly enough. The next issue that I really care about is the way that food is being produced in America. The issue that I would be talking about is a ban of the use of genetically modified organisms (GMO’s). American citizens are ingesting chemicals that are found in almost every food in the grocery stores. I would like to make a campaign for the realization of GMO’s and to convince people to start purchasing organic foods rather than the foods filled with these poisons. For both of these issues, I think I would create a billboard or a poster that would be plastered all over America. I think this type of advertisement is extremely effective, because people are basically forced to see it. Also, it is effective because it captures peoples attention more when the person who creates the advertisement makes it emotional or dramatic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment