Wednesday, November 12, 2014

blog 10

For my final project I want to target middle school and high school students, preferably African American males. My argument I want to present is for middle/high schools to enact a big brother/big sister organization in there school. There are way too many negative influences out today that relays a negative effect to us young teens. I am an advocate for being a mentor. In high school by my senior year the assistant principle asked if I wanted to be a part of a new program that they were staring for young African American men. I fit the role to be a mentor because I was a varsity football player with a 3.85 g.p.a and a positive attitude for his peers.  The program was called MTL which stood for (Mentoring Tomorrows Leaders). Within this program I was assigned a freshman or sophomore student who had trouble with their grades. There I help mentor him on the importance of education and how far you can go with a bright future. The audience I want to preach to are the parents of students who have suffering grades or non-productive students of the school. I believe the parents would not mind if the school took an initiate to carry out something that would better our future generation. The constraint is dealing with the superintendent of the county to see if this program can be enforced in the schools. Who knows whose live we can impact if we just make a start somewhere that somewhere can be our own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment