Wednesday, November 12, 2014

10

I am not sure if I am understanding the project correctly, but for my final project I am thinking about doing the argument of raising the drinking age. There have been numerous studies about the negative effects alcohol has not only physically, but mentally as well. In the blink of an eye alcohol can destroy your life. One day you're in college having a good time and two years later you can be a drop out alcoholic who's life is going down the drain. This is a huge issue in today's world. Some people are protesting to lower the drinking age, however, that would be detrimental to our generation. For my visual I plan on making a martini glass out of poster board. On the top of the glass I am panning on showing pictures of people in college drinking and having a great time. The further down the mating glass I am going to show pictures of how someones life can easily go down the drain. For example, dropping out of college, losing your job, getting evicted etc. At the bottom of the glass will be "rock bottom." At that part I will show pictures of someone life completely ruined. Throughout the whole glass I'm going to show all the negative effect alcohol has. I am not sure if this is supposed to be tied into our other project, but if it is this could represent the crazy partying in "The Great Gatsby" even though there was prohibition. And we all know how Gatsby's life ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment