Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Blog Post 10 - Vitor M.

            Something that I’ve always wanted to research and maybe present an idea towards is immigration in the United States. At around 2 years old, my parents decided that Brazil wasn’t the place for them any longer and made the official decision to start a new life in the United States. Although they have successfully established a wealthy life here, it took them countless hours of frustrations in areas that could be quickly taken care of if done differently. Many of these areas involve permanent residency, legal citizenship, and all of the things that fall in between those areas.
            The ultimate problem that I would like to solve is immigration as a whole. Yes, I’m aware that it isn’t a perfect system and many people who don’t deserve it have bypassed the system. It really bothers me that hardworking people like my parents had to endure such hardships while going through the process of being granted permanent residency. As for myself, I was automatically given it because of the law that states I didn’t “choose” to immigrate to the US.
            My audience would mainly be focused on lawmakers and people within Congress/Government. It’s pretty obvious that if I want a laws to change, I’d present my ideas to the people in charge of those specific laws, right?

            Being that this topic is so touchy, especially within the Democratic/Republican debate, I’d be faced with a couple constraints; especially the manner that I speak in. I wouldn’t want to present my argument in such a pro-immigration way, but more of a way that pushes towards a more efficient way of solving the immigration issues we all know of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment