For my final project, the
assemblage I will be focusing on the issue of the treatment of public school
teachers in Florida, and it’s effects on the future. The problem at hand is
that teachers are not being treated or paid how they deserved to be. As a
daughter of a public school teacher, I have seen first hand the amount of
effort, patience, experience, and intelligence that goes into being a teacher.
I have also seen the lack of respect, and mistreatment towards my mother in her
profession. Nowadays, teaching is looked down on as a career. Due to the lack
of pay teachers receive, people who are experts in their fields of study are
now deciding that becoming a teacher isn’t a good idea, and they are taking
their expertise elsewhere. With this in mind, more and more people who are not
experts in their fields are becoming teachers since it is an “easier” route
(when in fact it may be one of the most challenging careers). The government is
also attempting to unfairly judge and determine their salaries on factors that
are sometimes out of their control. I believe in order to correct these issues,
teachers’ salaries need to increase drastically, and people need to begin
giving teachers more respect in society. My audience I’m addressing is the government,
and public school teachers across the country. I plan on addressing my issue in
a professional and formal tone. The constraints would be the government
officials who decide and determine teachers’ salaries.
No comments:
Post a Comment