Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Carly Eivers Blog #10

            For my final project, the assemblage, I will be focusing on the argument of mandatory church attendance in Catholic Private Schools. I went to private school for middle and high school and I found that the fact that the students were forced to attend church made them despise it, and see it as homework instead of something they wanted to do. In middle school, I had to go to church on Sunday and know exactly what the gospel was. In class, we had to be able to tell the priest of our school the main point of the gospel and where we attended church, and if we did not know we were yelled at. This makes church a chore instead of a hobby. I would create my assemblage, which would probably be surveys and interviews with students in the Catholic education system, with an audience directed toward Catholic school administration, and even bring it higher up to the Archbishop of the county. The constraints would probably include old school Catholic hierarchy, who would believe that Church needs to be mandatory for all students, and if not attended then punishment should be enforced. I have not decided if this will be my final topic yet, and I will have to do more research on other arguments I feel are important to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment