Wednesday, August 27, 2014

In this class my expectation from my instructor Mr. Maynard to open up our eyes and see different perspectives to writing. The learning environment is compressed so that the instructor can reach his students on an individual level. I enjoy this a lot because we can build a relationship and progress as we go through. What I hope to gain from this course is a valuable learning atmosphere where my writing skills will surely show improvement. In this day and age your writing skills are so imperative, from the resumes you write, to other mandatory college work that demands your competence to it and to demonstrate it through writing.
In class Monday we watched a short video on an interesting topic about remix. Copying was the foundation for allot of successful people, through that they were able to come up on ideas of their own. Going as far back as to the invention of the printing press the inventor did not just wake up and put paper, ink and stamps together. In fact those individual items were created before his time. He just took someone’s original work and his own ideas and remix it to invent the printing press.

                I believe there is a connection between writing and remixes. I support this claim based on how we write ourselves. We do not come up with original essays or short stories. I believe we copy the foundation of how we start or writing topic and remix it into our own perspective. I learned this connection from the short video we saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment