Writing, on a personal level, has always been a coping tool,
a way to express thoughts, and a hobby of mine. Literature has always given me
a new outlook on things that once seemed so amply abstract it was hard to
understand. On a more formal note, writing is, the reader may agree, thoughts,
ideas, and spoken word on paper. Writing is an art that has transformed the
world and the way many people think. The act of writing can't just rely on one’s
own thoughts. Peoples thoughts are influenced and shaped by society, close
ones, and many other sources that thus lead to writing being a remix. A remix
can be best described as the combination of two or more sources, objects, or
such that create a new substance of both the originals. A remix, when in reference
to writing, is a combination of different ideas from different writers. The writer
can take and copy an idea from another, transform the idea into another that
relies on the foundation of the original writing, or combine the writer’s
original idea with his or her own ideas eventually. While taking this course I intend
to improve my writing skill, achieve the ability to copy, transform, and
combine my writing in order to become a superior innovator, and to understand
the difference between the innovator and inventor. My expectations for this
course are very high, and I believe that the course will meet all my
expectations. I expect to learn more than I have in other writing courses due
to the grading system. As mentioned in class, most English classes are about
jumping through a hoop in order to achieve a grade, and in this class it will
be about improving my writing skills. This is my second ENC 1102 class, due to
an undergraduate transfer credit that couldn’t go through. At first, I was very
apprehensive to taking the English over again, but I really look forward to
taking this course due to the fact it won’t just be about a grade on a paper,
but the effort of the student and the learning experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment