Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Blog Post 1 - Vitor M.

Writing, to me, is a form of art in different ways. I believe that because of writing, people have been able to express themselves through text better than they could ever have verbally. Over the course of my high school years and short college years, I’ve noticed that authors express themselves much differently from each other through writing. I believe that writing serves as a gateway to a different type of imagination. As ironic as this sounds, I feel that a novel can expand someone’s imagination much more than a visual movie can. A remix, as we discussed in class, is an altered version of an "original" piece. The connection that I see between writing and a remix is that they can both be used to express oneself or a certain idea. Writing can be a remix of someone else's idea, because our ideas form from others' ideas, and vice versa.

My expectations of this course is to experience something a little more personal than what I'd feel in a lecture class of 200+ students. I look forward to being able to ask questions without making an entire auditorium stare at me while I do so. Out of every subject, I feel that I can never be good enough at writing so it's always nice to be in a smaller environment for more one-on-one learning. Hopefully by the end of this semester, I can gain more knowledge on how to write a paper in a more professional manner, rather than it being opinionated.

No comments:

Post a Comment