It is easy to define
the word “writing” as a visual method of recording or communicating a specific
message. Writing, however, encompasses much more than simply that definition. Writing
elicits emotions; it persuades or moves individuals in either a positive or
negative way to act upon a subject or think differently on a topic.
A remix is not solely the
conventional term for adding a particular twist to song; everything is a remix.
Yes, even writing is included in that category. A remix is method of copying,
transforming, and combining diverse ideas with one’s own. That being said, nothing
is truly original. The text in an author’s writing, for instance, cannot be singularly
innovative. A person’s surroundings, learnings, and experiences shape and alter
the way he writes. It is not to say writing cannot be unique and different from
others. It is absolutely unique in the aspect that a person takes multiple ideas,
themes, and beliefs, and combines them generating a new, distinct perspective. It,
however, can never rightly be noted as an original piece of work.
I hope that this class
is able to help me formulate a more culturally diverse and improved remix in my
writing. Although this class is much smaller than usual course sized
classrooms, I expect to gain multiple and more detailed outlooks on particular
aspects in writing and in our society in general. From that I hope to expand my
narrow mind and make connections to things I have never noticed previous to
taking this course.
No comments:
Post a Comment